Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Adventure Finally Begins!

At long last we are on our way to Kathmandu!  After a 2 hour drive to the airport, and a 13 hour plane ride, we have arrived in Abu Dhabi and are hanging out in the hotel.  The flight was actually only 13 hours (only!) instead of the 15 I thought it would be, but it was still long.  Leela did great! A few very brief spells of fussiness, but otherwise great.  She slept and nursed well, and even Dave and I managed to get some sleep.

When we arrived in Abu Dhabi, the sun had already gone down.  I never like arriving in a new place when it's dark.  It's impossible to get a lay of the land, and I like to see where I am relative to my surroundings and, of course, to see the scenery!  I'm looking forward to the sunrise, which should be in a few hours.  Because Leela is still on her EDT schedule, we're not quite wide awake with her at 3 AM.

In less than 24 hours, we will finally arrive at our destination!  I hope Leela is as good on the second flight as she was on the first one.  She'd better get used to it, because there are many more in her future!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great beginning to a wonderful year. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are worried about crankyness developing on the second flight, might I suggest a double rum and coke. It is my personal favorite for flights long and short. The thin Oxegyn levels, the sugar, and the alchohol produce the most wonderous of effects.

    ReplyDelete